The outcomes of the project are expected to have a significant impact on the scientific community, on the practice of software development, and ultimately on the civil society. At the level of scientific community, the project aims at advancing the foundations of type theories in such a way that they can be successfully applied to challenging new scenarios characterized, on one side, by the focus on interaction and dynamicity of computational units, and on the other side by the need to deal with untrusted components. At the level of software development, the project will provide effective analysis techniques for the deployment of correct software systems. Ultimately, the techniques developed in the project will impact the modern civil society, which is characterized by the prominent and increasing reliance upon complex information systems such as those for business and government services, health care and transportation facilities.
Scientific achievements of the cooperation will be presented at international conferences and published in conference proceedings and international journals. Both sites expect that involvement in this project will be of great importance for the ongoing and future cooperation between University of Novi Sad and University of Turin, which will eventually be broaden by joint EU project applications. Another benefit of this bilateral cooperation is the possibility of mutual participation to the PhD theses boards between sites. It is already agreed that Prof. Mariangiola Dezani shares the supervision of PhD student Svetlana Jakšić and participates in the PhD board at University of Novi Sad. This type of cooperation makes the initial step towards a possible future cotutelle program between the two universities. The participation of PhD students in the project will increase the value of their doctoral theses and encourage their integration into the international scientific community.
Visits and meetings:
- Jovanka Pantović visited University of Turin in period December 1-7, 2013.
- Mariangiola Dezani Ciancaglini visited University of Novi Sad in period December 7-14, 2013.
- Silvia Gilezan visited University of Turin in period December 6-15, 2014.
- Jovanka Pantović, Linked Data Access Control, Turin, December 4, 2013.
- Mariangiola Dezani, On the Preciseness of Subtyping in Session Types, Novi Sad, December 13, 2013.
- Silvia Ghilezan, Turin, December, 2014.
List of publications:
- Mariangiola Dezani Ciancaglini, Luca Padovani, Jovanka Pantovic, Session types isomorphism, Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Programming Language Approaches to Concurrency and Communication-cEntric Software, PLACES'14.